Wednesday, November 2, 2011

FREE CHEVROLET

FREE CHEVROLET
   Did you see game 7 of the World Series?  It should have ended in 6 but it is what it is.  At the end of game 7, David Freese was named MVP and was awarded a brand new Chevrolet Corvette.  Allow me to examine this, if you will, keeping in mind that I don't begrudge him the car.  But...
   My Chevrolet truck has nearly a half a million miles on it.  I think I would gladly give it back to the company for a free new one.  It has been faithful through raising three boys.  I have performed routine maintenance on it.  It doesn't look bad.  In fact, I have had people offer to buy it when I have no intention of selling it.  I have grown attatched to it.  But, if they offered a free new one for it.
   Seriously, I was laying in bed just last night pondering my wealth.  I was lying in a comfortable bed with pillows and blankets for my comfort.  I had had a shower with clean running water.  I have indoor plumbing so I can use the toilet.  I had eaten food yesterday and did not go to bed hungry.  I am in excellent health.  I have intelligence.  My sons are well.  I get to communicate with my Mother and Dad regularly.  They are walking and talking and breathing.  Daddy works almost everyday.  I have friends and family for emotional support.  I have access to God's word and am not persecuted for my religion.   I have much to be grateful for.  And I am grateful.
   Besides, my truck still works.  Why be greedy?

You can also follow me at http://omaswisdom.blogspot.com/, where we have returned to the Book of Job.


No comments:

Post a Comment