Monday, October 31, 2011

OCTOBER 4TH UPDATE: J C PENNEY'S

OCTOBER 4TH UPDATE
   As previously stated, my day was very busy.  You see, at my age, I try to get everything out of every minute I am granted on this earth.  I am not getting any younger.  Right?  Except when I went to Denver...I was an hour younger there.  But I digress.  My time is valuable to me if it is not valuable to anyone else on this planet. 
   Then, I went shopping.  I needed clothes, so when I saw that J C Penney's was having a sale, I decided to stop in.  I shopped online, since I have had bad experiences in the stores before.  No one is ever working who knows their products.  I don't work in their store, so I don't know their products, either.  The combination gives me a headache.  I loose patience with ineptitude.  If I ever performed like these people on my job, I would have been brought up in front of the Board of Nurse Examiners.  But I have to understand these people are not me and they don't have the education I have.  Nor do they have the people skills I have.
   I parked in the Dillard's parking lot and walked through their store, through the thoroughfare, and into the J C Penney's store.  I went straight to the department I needed.  I looked.  I looked.  Then, I found a clerk, who told me to look.  I told her I had.  She said that if I didn't find what I was looking for, they did not have it in the store but she could order what I wanted over the internet but they would have to have them delivered to the store and I would have to go through all of this again, or they would charge me to have them delivered to my house.  There were kids running amok in the store with their adult people with them totally ignoring them.  One of them ran into me.  I did not loose my footing, nor was I hurt.  Thank you for asking.  I was quickly running out of patience.  I asked the clerck if there were more items "in the back".  She repeated that if I did not see what I wanted on the shelf, they did not have it.  I asked for the manager.
   While I am standing there at the register, the clerk was attending to other customers.  After waiting about ten minutes, the "manager" arrived.  I explained that they were having a sale and the items I wanted were not on the shelf and I asked if she could help.  I had come in to the store to buy the items and carry them home.  She was clearly irritated and asked if the clerk had offered to order them online.  I confirmed that she had.  The manager then said, well either she can or I can but that is all we can do.  I explained that the clerk stated that I would be charged for home delivery even though it was not my fault that the items were not on the shelf and I was in the store now.  She repeated that I would be charged for home delivery or I could go through the stress of coming back to the store to pick up the order.
   The clerk went back to the register to place my order.  I told her I was not going to pay extra for home delivery, which would be another $7.00!  I was saving just about that by buying on sale.  She handed me the receipt and I left.  Before I left the store, I checked the receipt, as is a habit of mine, even in the grocery.  She had charged me for home delivery.  I stormed back to the register.  The manager was still there.  I let them know I was not happy with being charged the extra especially after I made it plain that I would not be getting anything on sale if I am charged the savings on my convenience.  The manager had the clerk go to another register and refund that money.  What kind of customer service is this?!?
   Two weeks later, October 3rd, I had been tracking my order online, and the message kept reading "in progress".  I should have had the order 7-10 days after the order was placed, so I phoned the number on the receipt.  I was told that the "credit" department had questions and had placed the order on hold pending receiving information from me.  I paid cash for the order.  I informed the voice on the phone that I paid cash for the order.  She verified that the invoice read that I paid cash for the order.  "Then, why does the credit department have a hold on my order since I paid cash for the order?"  She could not say, but I could call back tomorrow to discuss it with them.
   The next day, rather than phoning the credit department, I went to the store,
to cancell the order and get my money back.  The clerk in catalog advised me that the manager had to go elsewhere to get the cash. I was waiting a long time, maybe thirty minutes.  Finally, the guy came with the cash and the clerk started counting out the refund.  It was $7.00 more than it should have been.  I corrected her and informed her that I had already received the refund on the shipping charges. 
   After all of that, I finally left.  What had I spent my life on?  Absolutely nothing!  That is what I had left to wear...Absolutely nothing.  All that trouble for NOTHING!
   I stopped at Kohl's on the way home.  We will talk about that trip later. 
   About a week after I cancelled my order from Penney's, I received a check for the full amount, including the shipping charges.  REALLY, WHAT DOES IT TAKE?  It would have been a lot simpler if they had just shipped my order to my house, minus the shipping charges.  I sent the check back.  I do not have the energy to go back to the store.  Maybe I should be their "mystery shopper".


No comments:

Post a Comment