Thursday, August 29, 2013

TICKETMASTER-SEXIST

TICKETMASTER-SEXIST
 
   I purchased tickets to I-heart music festival through Ticketmaster recently.  I tried for a long time to get the one on Sept. 21st in the evening and could not get through before they were sold out.  I discovered they sold out in less than a minute.  There just seems like there is something fishy about that already, don't you think?  I ended up with tickets for the 10am show.  Which, at my age, is probably better, anyway.  I don't like being out after dark.
   When I discovered that the show was in the parking lot, AND Miley Cyrus will perform, I called for a refund.  I don't like WalMart, why in the world would I pay somebody so I could go stand in a parking lot to see naked women?  That is absurd!  And I have had enough of naked Miley.   (Picture is from "No Hope for the Human Race on facebook.  This is what I see in my mind when I hear Miley Cyrus)


  ◕ ‿ ◕ ~ LM
I talked with Alicia and was denied the refund.
   An unnamed source told me that they had received a refund for that same show.  It was not a full refund, but they did get the refund.  So, I called back a few days later and asked for a refund. 
   This time, I talked with Ivan or something.  He told me that the policy had not changed since I had initially phoned and that I was stupid as $!#@% for thinking that just because I had called back that I would get the refund.  O.K....he did not curse, but he was verbally belittling.  He said that there was a no refund policy and he could not change it. 
   I let him know that someone else had received a refund and I told him how much the refund was and I understood that I would not receive the full refund since it was more than 72 hours since I had purchased the tickets.  He did not care how long it had been but there would be no refund on those tickets at all per company policy.
   So, since I knew how much the other refund was for, you would think that SOMEONE would take a minute and look it up, or consult their supervisor, or step back and listen, or something!  Not this guy.  I believe he is part of the "war on women" and I have had enough of Ticketmaster.
   Ticketmaster seems to have a monopoly on tickets to events, but I will not buy from them any more.  I don't need to support a sexist company.  That is my policy.
 
You are welcome to leave a comment with your thoughts.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment