Thursday, August 15, 2013

INSURANCE REFUND CHECK

INSURANCE REFUND CHECK

  I was sitting outside of my house the other day, visiting with one of my children, when I checked the mail box.  I don't receive mail at the mail box at my house, I pay the USPS for a secure mail box.  Inside the mail box at my house was a check from an insurance company.
 


    I contacted said insurance company and asked if there was some mistake, as I no longer worked for the company where I had their insurance.  Sandra told me that it was no mistake, she knew I no longer had that insurance and confirmed that the check was good.  She said it was a refund check.  That was on August 1st.  So, I took it to my bank.
   I explained my concerns to my banker and they told me that if the insurance company decided they had made a mistake, that they would just deduct that amount back out of my account after I deposited it. Well, who ever heard of such nonsense!  Who has the right to access your personal checking account and mess with it when THEY were at fault?!?
   So, I took the check to the bank on which it was drawn.  The teller told me there would be a $6.00 charge for cashing it and would I like to open a checking account with them?  No, I just wanted to cash the check, since I was told it was a refund check to me and that it was good.  The $6.00 charge was fine.
   There seemed to be a problem with her computer screen, so she called a guy over to look at it.  He apologized to me and said that the insurance company had their account set up to where no one could just cash one of their checks.  They had to be deposited in the recipient's personal accounts.
   With our government spying on us at the rate they are, why would I give an insurance company access to my personal checking account?  Why would they have it set up to where they have access to every one's checking account?  So many questions, not enough answers.
  I proceeded to tear up the check right there.  The guy could not believe I would tear up "a perfectly good check".  I let him know that it was not "perfectly good" if I could not get cash for it!  I mean, how stupid!
   I am currently in the process of sending the pieces of the check back to the insurance company.  Do I need to say what they can do with it?  I don't need an insurance company messing with MY personal checking account!  If they want to send me a refund, they can send a money order or cashier's check.

What are your thoughts?  No comments are published without review.

You are also invited to visit Oma at http://omaspolitics.blogspot.com, http://omaswisdom.blogspot.com, and http://omashealth.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment