Sunday, August 4, 2013

COMPLAIN, WORRY, WHINE

COMPLAIN, WORRY, WHINE
 
 
   Complaining is like worrying.  It accomplishes nothing unless you are willing to take action to resolve the issue.  The only reason to worry is to identify an issue which is out of your control.  Once the problem is identified, then you take it to The One who has the capacity to fix it.  Let me say for the record, that Jesus said it best in Matthew 6: 25- 27

25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?  (NIV)


   There is a difference between complaining and "talking about it".  This is a subject that so many of us don't understand.  Sometimes, I want to talk about a problem I have identified.  I don't want anyone to fix it, I want to talk about it to see what all the solutions are.  I want to ponder over it and perhaps pray about it and to determine if it is worth the bother to fix.
   Now to complaining.  If you have a headache and mention it to me, I might say it is a complaint.  In the medical field, we call it a complaint when you tell us there is a problem.  A complaint in these terms is not whining, it is a complaint.  So, if you complain to me, I will ask you what action you have taken to cope with the issue.  If you tell me that you took no action, please DO NOT COMPLAIN TO ME!!!!! 
    In that regard, I also do not want to hear what you have to whine about.  Whining is mostly complaining about what someone else has done, is doing, or what you think they should be doing.  I have no patience with whining.

What are your thoughts?  No comment is published without my expressed approval.

You are also invited to visit Oma at http://omaspolitics.blogspot.com, http://omaswisdom.blogspot.com, and http://omashealth.blogspot.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment