Thursday, April 11, 2013

TOUCHING LIVES

TOUCHING LIVES

   My Sugar woke up late this morning after having a restless night last night.  I sprang out of bed and ran to the kitchen to get his lunch together for him to take with him to work.  We don't want him to starve, now do we?  Of course not.  It is my pleasure to fuss over him.  Even the little things like getting his lunch packed for the day is still fussing over him.  So, he still left the house late heading for work.  It stormed here last night, so I encouraged him to take his time and be careful.  Of course, I tell him that most mornings, anyway.
   As it happened, I turned on the television to check out the radar.  The signal for my favorite local station was weak, so I had to settle for another station.  I hate to settle for anything.  I am heir to The Throne...I am royalty.  I should never have to settle, but that is a story for another time.  The news was on and the reporter was talking about a wrong way crash this morning on my Sugar's work route.  My ears perked up.  A truck was involved and the driver had died.
   Never mind the radar.  There is a photo of the truck.  It was a crew cab truck.  I did not notice that, but I did notice it was not a single cab.  I know my Sugar is saved.  I am confident of this fact.  Oh, that I could be that sure about some other members of my family.
   The one who lost their life this morning was a girl/woman/female.  My Sugar was alive.  It was a crew cab truck.  But the fact is, that for a moment, this girl touched MY life.   I don't know that I know her.  I don't know her name.  Her name has not been released.  But this morning, she touched my life.  The traffic was backed up for hours.  I am sure my Sugar was late for work this morning, along with many others.  This lady touched many lives this morning and I am sure she didn't know many of us. 
   During the course of any day, how many lives do we touch?  We are in contact with people at the bank, the store, in the neighborhood, our family members, and those whose lives they touch.  If we add to someone's stress, how are they going to treat the next guy?  If we make them laugh, how are they going to treat the next guy?  None of us live in a bubble.  We impact lives of people we know and those we don't know every day.  It is up to us to positively impact these people.  What an enormous task!  

What are your thoughts?

You are also invited to visit Oma at http://omaspolitics.blogspot.com and http://omaswisdom.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment