Tuesday, April 9, 2013

THE GIRLS OF SUMMER

THE GIRLS OF SUMMER

   I attended the opening day at my grandbaby's ball team on Saturday.  It is coach-pitch, no T-ball here.  It was a double-header.  Excitement mounted.  When it was her turn at bat, she pranced to home plate like a girl.  The uniform was a baseball uniform but there was no mistaking that the player was a girl.  It was so cute with her ponytail flopping from under her ball cap.  The opposing team was from the MLB.  They trounced this little girl team like they were from the pros.
   O.K., first game was over.  There was just over an hour until the second game.  Her team must not be "morning people".  These little girls decided to take charge.  At my age, I cannot tell the stats, numbers, names of the players, etc. but I can say that these girls came out of the gate like hungry bears after winter.  And My Grandbaby was awarded the "game ball" from game 2.  This was one proud Oma.  I am so proud of my Son, also, for investing the time into the child to allow her to participate in outside activities.  I know the amount of effort that takes.
   And a good time was had by all.

You are welcomed to leave a comment and share your experience about you with your grandbaby.

You are also invited to visit Oma at http://omaswisdom.blogspot.com and http://omaspolitics.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment