Tuesday, January 17, 2012

ONE OF THOSE DAYS

ONE OF THOSE DAYS
   This was just one of those days.  If it could be aggravating, it was aggravating.  It started out with a phone call in the middle of my S.O.'s sleep.  It was from my Mother, to wish him a happy birthday.  This is not a complaint about my Mother.  She is very dear to me and she did not know he would be sleeping in the middle of the day.  She thinks highly of him and wanted him to know she was thinking about him on his special day.  All I'm saying is that I have a problem with him not getting the proper rest, because I care about him, too.
   I drove to the grocery to pick up his birthday cake I had ordered yesterday, and I couldn't find my grocery card.  This grocery requires a card if you want to take advantage of their sales.  My card was no where to be found, so I left without the cake.  I went back to the house to look for that card.
   His daughter pulls into the driveway and the dogs go crazy with their barking.  It was a wonder the police didn't come to see what they were barking at.  Anyway, she and her toddler come into the house, bringing him a cake for his birthday.  I'm glad somebody has him a cake, because I'm definitely having a problem producing mine before he leaves for work.  He is too tired to get out of bed to visit with her, so she leaves.
   When he finally gets up, his sisters and brother-in-law come to wish him a happy birthday.  They bring gifts.  I was going to go to the local Harley shop and get him a pocket t-shirt as a gift, but he is going to leave for work before I will be going to the Harley shop.  I am rushing around, trying to put his meals together for him to take to work, so he has enough energy to work and come back home.
   Then, everybody leaves minutes before he leaves for work.  I take my paycheck down to another grocery store who requires a card to get cash to go buy that cake and his t-shirt.  The check was hand written, so they will not cash it.  So, I go back to the house on the verge of tears.  As I am backing into the driveway, the truck quits running.  Fortunately, when I turned the key, it cranked up and I was able to park the truck.
   That was it for me.  I put in to just have the day cancelled.  Maybe tomorrow will be better.

Please also visit me at http://omaswisdom.blogspot.com/ for Bible reading, http://omashealth.blogspot.com/ as we try to follow the DASH diet, and http://omaspolitics.blogspot.com/ for Oma's comments on current events.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment