Thursday, January 5, 2012

MY SUGAR COOKIE RECIPE

MY SUGAR COOKIE RECIPE



   Those of you who follow my blog deserve an apology.  When I posted the sugar cookie recipe previously, I indicated that it was CLOSE to the recipe I could not find.  Well, I baked a batch of those cookies.  As my Granddaughter would say, "that's nasty!"
  The following recipe is the real recipe.  Again, I apologize.  I hope you enjoy these:

6T         margarine, softened
1/3C     shortening
3/4 C    sugar
1           egg
1 T       milk
1 t        vanilla
2 cups  flour
1 1/2 t  baking powder
1/4 t     salt

  Cream margarine, shortening, and sugar together.  Add egg, milk, and vanilla and beat until creamy.  In separate bowl, combine baking powder, salt and flour.  Add to creamy mixture and mix well.  Divide the dough in half, cover and chill for about 30 minutes or until dough is easy to handle.

   On a lightly floured surface, roll half the dough at a time until 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick.  Using a 2-1/2 inch cookie cutter, cut the dough into desired shapes.  Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.  Decorate with colored sugar, sprinkles, cinnamon discs, etc. as desired.

   Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 7 to 10 minutes or until edges are very lightly browned.  Transfer to a wire rack; cool. May frost after cooling with Royal icing if desired. 

   Personally, I like to decorate with sprinkles before baking them.  My oldest son likes red hots as decorations before baking.  My daughter likes colored sugar.

Dough may be refrigerated for a couple of days, or frozen for a couple of weeks.

What is your favorite way to decorate them?  You are encouraged to leave a comment.  We also encourage you to share this post on your favorite social media.  Thank you.


You are invited to join Oma for Bible reading at http://omaswisdom.blogspot.com/, and for information you don't get in the mainstream media at http://omaspolitics.blogspot.com/.  Just click the names.  And I invite you to leave a comment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment