Friday, December 7, 2012

WINTER SAUSAGE SOUP

WINTER SAUSAGE SOUP


   I was going through my cookbooks the other day and came across the following recipe by Tincy Casey.  I don't know Tincy personally, but I am looking forward to trying this soup.  I hope the weather will turn cooler before long:

2 lbs smoked sausage, sliced, fried, and drained
1 medium onion
2 C carrots
1 (28oz.) can tomatoes, chopped and drained
1 C chopped celery
4 C cubed potatoes
1 C. rich beef broth
1 clove garlic, minced
1 T brown sugar
1 t black pepper
4 C shredded cabbage

Put everything except sausage in a large stock pot.  Let it come to a boil; lower heat and simmer until potatoes are tender.  Add sausage. 

   It seems simple enough.  I will update this post after I try the soup.


update:  The entire family (three generations) really enjoys this soup all year around.


You are also invited to visit with Oma at http://omaswisdom.blogspot.com and http://omaspolitics.blogspot.com.

3 comments:

  1. This soup is delicious. I recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The aroma that fills the house is amazing. Remember that the cabbage cooks down. The taste is an exploxion of flavor. Thank you for sharing this recipe.

    ReplyDelete