Friday, May 18, 2012

EDIBLE ARRANGEMENTS

EDIBLE ARRANGEMENTS
   If you follow me on facebook, you know how busy I was on Mother's Day:  I made sugar cookies and delivered them to three people.  I cut out letters for two people that read Happy Mothers Day.  I had no apostrophe.  Then I cut out hearts and flowers, put them on sticks, baked them, and stuck the sticks in foam stuff in a basket for cookie bouquets.  Of course, my Mother received both the letters and the bouquet.  My Step-Mother received the letters, and my Daughter-in-Law received the other bouquet.  My Granddaughter was sick, so she could not assist me in making the cookies.  She loves to bake cookies.
   I must have driven about two hundred miles on Mother's Day.  Then I had business on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday at my house.  On Wednesday, I went to a friend's house to help.  I received a call from my Daughter-in Law who is out of state on Sunday that I had a fruit bouquet at Edible Arrangements for me to pick up.  I got another call on Monday to remind me I needed to pick up the bouquet.   On Wednesday, I received a call from Edible Arrangements.  I had almost forgot about them by then, but said I would come today and get them.
   When I finally arrived at Edible Arrangements, I told the manager, Nikki, who I was and that I was there to pick up my arrangement.  She knew how late I was at picking it up.  She went in the back to assess the bouquet and came back to the front to say that she was not going to allow me to take the order with me the way it was.  I had waited too long. 
   Let me say that Edible Arrangements has no freezer onsite.  All orders are made fresh and placed in their "cooler".  I was informed that when the fruit is dipped in chocolate, it breaks down the fruit.  The fruit is at a disadvantage of retaining freshness at that point.  Compare it to normal fresh fruit, which can stay in the 'fridge for days and still be relatively fresh.
   So I asked Nikki what I should do.  I was at least hoping to take the balloons and the vase with me.  She informed me that she was going to REPLACE the bouquet before she would allow me to walk out of her shop with it.  I asked how much more money that would cost, hoping that it would maybe be half priced.  She said she would replace the whole thing for me at no additional cost.
  Those of you who know how critical I am about businesses that have lost their customer service have to know I was impressed.  Believe me, at my age, you really have to work to positively impress me.  Nikki did not know me from the next guy, I had never seen her before in my life.  I can say this, though, I will come back to her with my business in the future, and I highly recommend Edible Arrangements in Humble, Texas to everyone.  The address is 20669 West Lake Houston Parkway.  You can contact them by phone at:  281-852-1335.
   I also want to say that this bouquet that my Oldest Son sent had so much fruit on it that it fed more that ten people.  I called for help from my S.O.'s sisters and his daughter and three of his grandchildren.  There was plenty for everybody.  It was very tasty as well as pleasing to the eye.


   No one pays me for my opinion on their businesses.  That is probably a good thing, because many fall short of expectations.  When I find a business that is taking care of their customers, I gladly share.

What about you?  Have you recently found a business that favorably impressed you?  Let us hear about your experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment