Friday, July 18, 2014

PHONE PROTOCOL FOR CONTACTING BABY BOOMERS

PHONE PROTOCOL FOR CONTACTING BABY BOOMERS

   It is time to educate Millennials on proper phone protocol when contacting Baby Boomers.  By the way, this also applies to anyone who has forgotten the phone protocol your Mama taught you:  
   1.  My phone is a phone, not a typewriter.  
   2.  When you call me, please place your phone next to your mouth to talk.  
   3.  Do not put me on speaker phone unless I agree to it.

   4.  You are welcome to send me a text message but do not expect me to carry on a
        written conversation on the phone.  Again, let me say, it is a phone.
   5.  When I phone you, please return the call.  That means to either leave a message or keep
         calling until you talk to me.  I phoned for a reason and it is rude to ignore me. 
   6.  Identify yourself, as you are the one initiating the contact, and I may not have my glasses
        on to see who is calling.
 
  

You are invited to leave a message with any of the protocols I may have missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment