Saturday, June 9, 2012

CVS PHARMACY JUNE 9, 2012

CVS PHARMACY   JUNE 9, 2012
   I need to say, before I get too far into my latest experience with CVS Pharmacy, that I am not happy being forced to use this pharmacy exclusively by our new insurance.  Go Obama! 
   So, I went to pick up our refills today on routine medicines.  I had dropped off a new script yesterday, so I decided to just pick up all the scripts together.  I arrived and was given the scripts and asked to sign for them.  As I always do, I checked them before leaving.  I asked where the new script was.  That started the clerk scrambling.  She didn't know where it was.  I explained that I had brought the doctor's prescription in yesterday and told them I would pick it up today. 
   I also noticed I was given a medication that was not ordered.  I separated that med. from the ones I was supposed to have while the clerk continued to look for the new med.
   In a little while, the clerk came to me, looking through the medicines I had signed for.  She reached and took the medication I had separated, saying I had been given the wrong medicine.  Well, imagine that!  Do I look like a pharmacist who works at CVS?  No, but I am an informed consumer.
   The Pharmacist on shift tried to cover up the mistake.  Here is why it is such a big deal:  Maybe I would have been allergic to the medication that was initially filled.  Maybe I was so uninformed that I did not know that was the wrong med. and took it.  Maybe the wrong med. was a diabetes medicine that would have lowered my normal blood sugar, leaving me in a coma.  Maybe the wrong med. would have been an antihypertension med that would have dropped my blood pressure and sent me into hypovolemic shock.  The possibilities are many.
   All I have to say is that if you are forced to use CVS Pharmacy, please pay attention to what they are doing to you.

What are your thoughts?

You can also visit Oma at http://omaswisdom.blogspot.com, http://omaspolitics.blogspot.com, http://omashealth.blogspot.com, and http://tbcspeaks.blogspot.com.  Just click the name of the site you want to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment