Monday, February 6, 2012

MY PURPOSE IN LIFE

MY PURPOSE IN LIFE
   Do you wonder what your purpose in life is?  Why you were born?  We know why Jesus was born.  But He also lived.  He taught, performed miracles, loved His family and friends, ate, slept, "wept".  His mission was to seek and to save those who were lost.  His purpose was to die on a tree in my place because I sin.
   I wonder sometimes, why I was born, what is my purpose in life.  I had children.  I thought that was my purpose.  I raised my sons.  There comes a time in everyone's life when they have to accept responsibility for their own lives.  I gave it all I had, so I accomplished my goal.
   When I worked in the oil fields, I was buried in a bell hole.  I survived a deadly explosion.  I helped family and friends along the way.
   When I worked in nursing, I comforted.  I monitored and taught.  I helped save lives.  I kept some company as they were actively dying.  I tried not to judge, but to help.
   I have recently realized that I am getting older.  I am almost as old as my "Dear Old Dad".  That is an eye opener.
   What have I accomplished, what is my purpose?  I have sent Bibles to the Ukraine, brought Jews back to the "promised land", fed the hungry, etc.  I have done good things that I don't even remember doing.  I just did them because I could at the time.  I have witnessed to my sons and their friends.
   I think of Rachael Scott.  She is my hero.  She was just going about her life, when one day at school in Columbine, she professed her faith and died.  She practiced her faith in her life, so she was prepared for that one moment.  What was her purpose in life?  Many people are still talking about her all these years later, and her faith.
   I don't know what the future holds, but I pray that I make my God proud.  Please don't misunderstand, I am not perfect.  If I were perfect, Jesus wouldn't have had to die for me.  But I do try.

What are your thoughts?  You are welcome to leave a comment.

You are invited to join Oma at http://omaswisdom.blogspot.com for Bible reading, http://omaspolitics.blogspot.com for her comments on current events, and at http://omashealth.blogspot.com for information on health issues.  Just click the names.  And please leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment